The goal of the consultation sessions was to provide information and advice about the cultivation of medicinal plants and opportunities for funding through the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020 to interested agricultural producers. Experts from the Project Team and the regional office of the National Agricultural Advisory Service in Plovdiv were at the farmers’disposal and provided specialist advice.
There was great interest in the consultations. The main topics of concert were:
- Technologies for the cultivation of medicinal plants,
- Biological and ecological requirements of concrete species,
- Opportunities for combining perennial plantations with the production of herbs,
- Most sought-after and attractive species for cultivation,
- Quality requirements for the produced herbs,
- Production of planting material,
- Market demand/supply,
- Opportunities for consultation, advice and cooperation.
Specialists from the regional office of the National Agricultural Advisory Service in Plovdiv, presented up-to-date information about:
- The initiated measures of the Rural Development Programme 2014-2020,
- The conditions for obtaining start-up grants for young farmers and small farms,
- Conditions for investment in farming tools and equipment,
- Questions related to payment through agroecology and climate measures,
- Organic farming,
- Natura 2000,
- Compensation payments for regions with specific restrictions.
Farmers declared an interest in future consultations, which is why Foundation Information and Nature Conservation continues to accept questions and consultation requests and to provide expert answers and advice.